Dating 101: Where do you find hot dates? I’ve been blessed to have a healthy and active dating life. I’ve even once contributed to an Essence Magazine article on “Where to find Good Men!” 🔥 🔥🔥
What I’ve found that WORKS is being open to new and fun possibilities. Where do you meet quality dates? The truth is ANYWHERE!!!
Social Media: I’ve met men online via social media (Facebook/Black Planet/Mingle City/Message Boards). This opens up the possibility to TRAVEL and meet men and women outside of your immediate area. As an Air Force Veteran I continuously moved to new areas. Social Media sites really helped me not only meet new men but helped me to build lifelong friendships.
Dating Sites: Online dating sites (Black People Meet/Tinder/POF/Match.com) are great pathways to engaging and meeting new prospects. Try changing your profile when you prepare for travel and meet local men and women no matter where you are around the globe. The beauty of the internet is that you are not limited to your geographical region. You can date and connect with potential lovers throughout the world. Your possibilities are limitless.
Non-profit/Civic Associations: If you value SERVICE you can meet high-quality and civically engaged partners while SERVING!
• Political organizations (Young Democrats/Local Political Clubs)
• Non-profit Orgs (United Way/Greater Washington Urban League Young Professionals Network/National Society of Black Engineers/National Association of Black Journalists)
• Volunteering (Career Days at Local Schools/Partners in Education/Mentoring, Serving Food to the Homeless and Habitat for Humanity.)
Church/Religious Organizations: If you desire a partner that serves God or a higher power it may be beneficial to focus your energy on going to church or religious events. Singles Ministries and Bible Study or other activities open the pathway to serve God but also connect with someone who holds the same beliefs.
On the Job: Work is the least likely place that I would look for a partner but it’s inevitable. You can peacefully date a coworker or someone that works at your job but use discretion. Impromptu lunch dates or coffee breaks can be fun!
Everyday Life: Keep your ears and eyes open as you go through life. Your husband or wife may be at the grocery story. I hear Wegman’s is a great place to explore. You might encounter your love at a Happy Hour or while out on the town to see a play. The key is “Be ready and keep your heart and mind open.”
Simply Ebony ❤❤️❤
A poster from a social media group recently asked, “on a scale of 1-7 what are your beliefs according to the Dawkins Scale?” I thought initially, “why is this today’s discussion?” I’m definitely a 1, I believe strongly in God and know without Him I am nothing. I’ve survived so much trauma in life: CHILD ABUSE, RAPE, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, and WAR. It’s because of God’s grace that I survived and turned Tragedy into Triumph!
There have been multiple times when I questioned God and asked why He would allow so much hurt in my life? After I was raped at the tender age of 15, I turned away from God for the first time. I’ve learned without God as my center, my life spirals out of control. Sure I could have chose to hate God and hate those who hurt me. Instead, I chose love. One day at my lowest point I literally dropped to my knees and prayed. I asked God to use me as his vessel to help others heal.
Once I FINALLY started living my life God’s way I’ve been abundantly blessed. I started my non-profit “The Next Chapter,” to provide much needed resources to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. I recently co-authored a book with my Veteran Sisters titled “Camouflaged Sisters Presents Behind the Ranks Vol I,” to share our stories. I joined my Veteran Sisters who are “Own Our Way Up,” and “Brown Girls Syndicate” in two Mastermind Groups to push our businesses, professional and personal lives forward. Finally, I launched two of my newest ventures “Simply Ebony” my lifestyle blog and “Success Creators” to help others discover their pathway to success. Everything that I have accomplished in life is because of God’s Grace.
Military veterans are you looking to transition soon? Stop just talking about your plans and take action. Do what is necessary to prepare for your pathway to success with no stress.
1. Complete your pre-separation counseling, sign up for TAPS and attend at least 2 years out for retirees and 1 year for separates.
2. Start preparing financially to pay off bills and build your savings.
3. Schedule medical appointments and document any and all medical ailments. Even if it is minor like allergies.
4. Request copies of your medical records at least three months out and start preparing to file your medical disability claim via a Veteran Service Org like VFW.
5. Research the requirements for any desired career. Ensure you can check off the experience, education, certifications, and any special skills needed. If not seek the additional training/skills.
6. Start attending job fairs and network with recruiters. Make sure you have an updated resume. Be sure to get the recruiters business cards and add them via Linked In. Follow up with the recruiter on job opportunities.
7. Create a Linked In profile and start joining groups that match your career interest.
8. If you plan to attend college. It is never too early to start. Sign up and get your degree program started or finish it out.
9. Last but not least….relax. You made your decision and can be confident that your transition will be smooth if you prepare purposefully.
LADIES: If you are involved in a relationship with an abusive and controlling person: GET OUT. Your life is worth it. Please do not think that you are responsible for another grown persons reactions. This is the second murderer who cowardly went on a gun rampage and blamed his ex-girlfriend.
Peter Selis, 49, according to the San Diego Police Department, killed a woman and wounded six others at a poolside birthday party in the University of California-San Diego area on Sunday. He was ultimately shot and killed by officers. Prior to his death Selis called his ex-girlfriend to have her listen as he carried out the killings.
For more information about this story visit here: