#FederalEmployment #FederalJobs #Resumes #HiringFreeze #Trump #ExecutiveOrder
THE RESUME PLACE, INC., http://www.resume-place.com
HIRING FREEZE UPDATE – Jan 26, 2017
From Kathryn Troutman
Hiring! 5,000+ Customs and Border Protection Officers
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
President Trump signed an Executive Order on Jan 25, 2017 to begin building The Wall and hire 5,000 (up to 15,000) Border Patrol Officers. These positions will be exempt from the Federal Job Hiring Freeze that President Trump signed yesterday.
The Executive Order language:
Customs & Border Protection (CBP): Securing America’s Borders
“Sec. 8. Additional Border Patrol Agents. Subject to available appropriations, the Secretary, through the Commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, shall take all appropriate action to hire 5,000 additional Border Patrol agents, and all appropriate action to ensure that such agents enter on duty and are assigned to duty stations as soon as is practicable.
TWO POSITIONS POSTED NOW:
1) GS-9 position -Customs and Border Protection Officer – Closes Tuesday 2/7/2017
2) GS-5/7 position – Border Patrol Agent (BPA) – Closes Tuesday 2/7/2017
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Travel may be required based on operational needs
SAMPLE BORDER PATROL AGENT JOB BLOCK (MILITARY EXPERIENCE)
What are the keywords for the federal resume?
* Sound decisions
* Composure in stressful situations
* Law enforcement regulations, methods
* Gather factual information through questioning, observation
* Examination of documents and records
* Able to interpret laws and regulations
* Case management, writing case notes
WANT HELP WITH YOUR FEDERAL RESUME? REQUEST QUOTE HERE: SuccessCreatorsorg@gmail.com
SEE SAMPLE BORDER PATROL AGENT JOB BLOCK:
What are the duties?
Being a Customs and Border Protection Officer makes you a valuable member of the Federal Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) profession. Typical assignments include:
* Enforcing customs, immigration, and agriculture law and regulations;
* Facilitating the flow of legitimate trade and travel;
* Conducting inspections of individuals and conveyances;
* Determining the admissibility of individuals for entry into the United States; and
* Preventing the illegal entry of individuals and prohibited goods and the smuggling of illegal drugs and other contraband.
What is the pay?
The Border Patrol Agent (BPA) position starts at a salary of $40,511 (GL-5 grade level), and offers promotion potential in 4 years to the GS-12 grade level with a salary of $72,168 (upon successful performance).
A fully trained Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO) is eligible for up to $35,000 in overtime pay. The starting salary for this position may be higher in certain duty locations, please visit the OPM website for information. If you select one of the following duty locations you may be eligible to receive an additional 25% of your salary each year for the first 3 years of employment on top of overtime pay. This incentive only applies to new federal employees only and is dependent upon the availability of funds.
* Douglas, Lukeville, Nogales and San Luis, AZ;
* Calexico and San Ysidro, CA;
* Coburn Gore and Jackman, ME;
* Raymond, MT;
* Pembina (10% only) and Portal, ND; and
* Laredo and Presidio, TX
What about the Hiring Freeze? (These jobs will become Exemption)
Sec. 16. Hiring. The Office of Personnel Management shall take appropriate action as may be necessary to facilitate hiring personnel to implement this order.
What are the qualifications for GS 5 Border Patrol Officer ?
The qualification requirements listed below must be met by the closing date of this announcement. You qualify for the GL-5 grade level (starting salary $40,511) if you possess one of the following:
a. One year of general work experience that demonstrates the ability to take charge, make sound decisions, and maintain composure in stressful situations; learn law enforcement regulations, methods and techniques through classroom training and/or on-the-job instruction; and gather factual information through questioning, observation, and examination of documents and records; OR
b. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited or pre-accredited college or university; OR
c. A combination of successfully completed post-high school education and general work experience. This will be calculated using your resume and unofficial transcripts submitted with your application.
++ WANT HELP WITH YOUR FEDERAL RESUME?
REQUEST QUOTE HERE: SuccessCreatorsorg@gmail.com
What are the qualifications for GS 9 Border Patrol Officer ?
You qualify for the GL-9 grade level (starting salary $51,424) if you possess the following:
One year of specialized work experience in law enforcement that demonstrates the ability to make arrests which includes the detainment of a person(s), handcuffing, restraining, arresting or containment of person(s) and/or have one year of specialized work experience that demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain contact with a network of informants, social and political organizations, state and local enforcement agencies, and private citizens, to ensure continuity of enforcement work and to carry out enforcement responsibilities. Experience should also demonstrate the ability to perform or conduct several of the following: criminal investigation involving violation of state, local or federal laws; seizure of illegal contraband (drugs); law enforcement database checks for citizenship, warrants, etc.; obtain or execute search warrants relevant to criminal cases or activity; testify in court to present evidence or act as a witness in administrative and/or criminal cases; administer oaths and/or receive sworn statements or facts from witnesses or other parties; exercise sound judgment in interpreting and applying matters relating to national security; deal effectively with individuals or groups of persons in a courteous, tactful manner in connection with law enforcement matters; and/or analyze information rapidly and make prompt decisions or take prompt and appropriate law enforcement action in light of applicable laws, court decisions, and sound law enforcement procedures.
Basic Job Requirements
You must successfully pass a polygraph examination
* You must successfully pass a background investigation
* Convictions of misdemeanor crime of domestic violence are disqualifying
* You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position
* You must have resided in the U.S. for at least 3 of the last 5 years
* Referred for selection prior to your 40th birthday (waiver for veterans)
* You must meet job-related medical, fitness and drug-testing standards
* You will be required to work regular and recurring shift work
* You will be required to carry a firearm
* You must have a valid driver’s license
Learn how to prepare your federal resume for USAJOBS for Border Patrol Agent. Order the Federal Resume Guidebook, 6th Edition to see samples of successful federal resumes! Order PDF: http://www.fedjobtraining.com/books/federal-resume-guidebook
SAMPLE BORDER PATROL AGENT JOB BLOCK (MILITARY EXPERIENCE)