Here are eight (8) steps to help you land your dream job!
• Use your NETWORK! Contact Friends, Associates, Professional Colleagues, College Dean, Alumni Associations, Professional Organizations and Linked In Contacts/Recruiters to let them know you are actively seeking a job and ask if they have any leads.
• Identify companies where you desire to work, find connections on Linked In (managers, recruiters, HR, employees) and request an Informational Interview to learn about open positions and/or if opportunities are available to you within the company.
• Attend Career Fairs and ask recruiters to review your resume and ask for tips to improve your possibilities of getting hired at their organization. The recruiters are the gateway to getting you the job!
• Contact your college/university career resource office for job leads and resume/cover letter assistance.
• Visit your local Microsoft Store and ask for one on one Linked In training to learn how Linked In can help you in your career search.
• Join Professional Organizations to network, gain leadership opportunities and training.
• Volunteer at non-profit organizations, local churches, social clubs or private organizations to gain work skills and experience.
• Take free or low cost training to sharpen your skills and to fill any gaps identified while applying for jobs.
Linked In Learning
FED IT Training
Veteran Training Resources
Girl Develop It
Learn Python the Hard Way
MIT Open Courseware